Our 20s are literally the best times of our lives, it's a time to learn life lessons and make good decisions in order to regret later on.
The following are things to do in our 20s according to experts.
1. Learn to accept and love yourself first. Showing yourself a bit of compassion doesn't make you a terrible or selfish person. No one can love you better than you. If you don't love yourself first, who will?
2. Learn to say no with confidence: most of us are people pleasers, we agree to the demands of everyone even to our own detriment. Learn to say no to people else you would be taken advantage of for the rest of your life.
3. Take more risk: Don't talk yourself out of doing things you always wanted to do, you might not have another shot at it. You want to go on a vacation, just go! You want to start a blog, just do it before it gets late.
4. Learn to be thankful: you're alive today, give thanks to God, you're working your dream Job, celebrate yourself, You just graduated , equally celebrate yourself. Your 'little' successes are someone's great achievements.
5. Learn to negotiate with politeness : maybe you want to purchase an item or you're discussing your salary with your boss, always learn to negotiate with politeness so that it would be a win-win for the parties involved.
6. Forgive yourself: We're all humans, we make mistakes and fall short everyday but we all have the choice to either wallow in self pity or forgive ourselves and learn from the mistakes. Please choose the latter.
7. Don't compare yourself to others: i know this is so hard because we live in the era of social media where everyone is living their best lives online. Most of the lifestyles we see online are fake. Social media would make you envy someone you should actually pity. Please be wise.
8. Don't be afraid to change directions: if you're not happy with your current job , change it. If you're aren't happy with your course of study , please change at the end you alone would regret not your parents that chose it for you.
9. Don't pile debts. Cultivate the habit of saving part of your income. It helps in the long run.
10 . Don't spend one minute of your life with someone that makes you feel less of yourself. Stay far from negative people, they're not good for your mental health.
11. Take care of your body. Eat right and prioritize your health.
12. Don't get caught up in the cycle of buying expensive things you don't need just to keep up with others. Those people you're trying to impress just don't care about you at the end.
Lastly don't rush to cram things into your 20s, some people achieve some feats in their 30s or 40s. Everyone's race is different. Just do you and let God see you through. Have a nice day.